Friday, April 24, 2009

The Unconventional Lunchbox

So this week, Blake has made some yummy food. I work with a great group of people who are constantly reminding me how wonderful a husband I have. I guess I tend to take my leftover lunches for granted. I really don't like sandwiches. In fact, I think they are super boring as the eating experience is simply boring. I have tried everything to like them more. I have added fancy meats or toppings, but it doesn't work. I could make a sandwich out of Filet Mignon and still feel bored about my eating experience. If you think about it, eating is a pretty important part of the day. Other than breakfast, it is the most social portion of my day. At lunch, I eat with all of my work friend. For dinner, we make each night a date night even within the confines of our own home. So, if I am going to eat, it will rarely be a sandwich.




All that being said, I thought I would share an example of my lunch. Blake packs it the night before so I am ready to go in the morning. This is steak, rice and Brussel spouts with a peanut-cilantro sauce for dipping. Blake is rather meticulous with the spacing of each element. Also, he takes into consideration that I will have to microwave my meal for at least two minutes so he cooks the steak less to account for the cooking time in the microwave. I guess he does kinda rock.

A few other meals he made this week:

He made a giant Bison and spinach ravioli. It was delicious.



He also made chicken francese with garlic butter beans



This was the twice-baked potato that he whipped up one night to go with the Ribeye

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like Blake is quite the chef!! He remidns me of Rui and you remind me of my daughter Cassie! Rui packs her lunches which look a lot like yours!! She doesn't like sandwiches either!

    ReplyDelete