Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Daily Fresh Poultry Special


I am not sure how I feel about the sign at the grocery that says “DAILY FRESH POULTRY SPECIAL”. There are several reasons I am not comfortable with it:

1.) Why is the type of poultry not specified. Blake and I deduced that it was turkey after consumption, but neither of us are totally sure.
2.) Is it really fresh or is it just the opposite and the butcher is trying to get it off the shelf?
3.) I simply don't like the word poultry. I can't decide if it is better or worse than fowl, but I would like for their to be a new word created for said category. Perhaps it could be called porkless white meat or winged meat?

That being said, last night Blake made a new dish. It was delicious. It was a “daily fresh poultry” breast stuffed with bacon and spinach. I don't know how he does it. He served it with a zucchini-cilantro relish and grilled zucchini spears. Have a look at the final result. He also made a variation of shrimp scampi so I could have some lunch at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment