Sunday, April 19, 2009

Just Getting Started


Well, I should have started doing this 4 months ago when Lottie was born. There is so much to catch up on. Lottie has changed our lives and our marriage so much. Blake and I absolutely love her so much. We also love FOOD. Through this blog, I would like to keep people posted on Lottie's life, our lives and our new recipes. Blake is the cook in the family, but I will try from time to time. We love to play "Chopped". This is where one of us will select 5 items and put them into a bag. The person who cooks opens the bag and has 30 minutes to create a meal that incorporates each of the items. Through this game, Blake has created some amazing dishes.

Lottie will be the other main focus on this page. She is growing like a weed, and each day she does something new. We are so lucky that Blake works from home. He stays home with her during the day while I go to work. This has been such a blessing for us. 5 more weeks and I will be home with her every day again for the summer. I was lucky to have 4 months off with her before I had to go back.

The week before I had to go back to work was brutal. I cried every time I looked at Lottie. I felt like I was abandoning her. I quickly learned that it was not that bad. The first morning was hard. I woke up at 5:45 am. This would allow me to take my shower and get ready and have breakfast before Lottie woke up at 7:00am. The moment I heard her little "meep" (This is what Blake and I call her little 'I am ready to get up cry'), I began bawling. I was so sad to be leaving for 8 hours when I wanted to be holding her. I grabbed her and did her morning routine. She ate, pooped and played. Then it was 7:50am, and it was time for me to go. I carried her to the door, and Blake followed me. It was time for me to hand her off. My eyes filled with tears, I passed her to her daddy. Blake proped her up on his shoulder. She was looking at me and smiling. Blake was facing the other way, so Lottie would be looking at me. As I put my hand on the doorknob, she let out a little burp followed by a huge spit up that ran down Blake's freshly cleaned shirt. Immediately, my tears dried and I smiled as I left. I pointed to his shoulder and said "you might want to get that babe. Have fun and welcome to my world." I giggled as I kissed my daughter and husband and instantly became a working mom. It was nice to leave on a funny note so I didn't cry my way to work. The adult interaction at work is also a nice getaway.

Lottie is four months old now and getting cuter and cuter everyday. I hope you will enjoy following along with our journey and our lives. Here are two videos of her way of talking.


No comments:

Post a Comment