Friday, April 24, 2009

Swaddless in Cumming

Well, we finally did it! We said good bye to Lottie's swaddle. Bless her little heart, but I do think that he new found freedom is something that she is taking a liking to. We woke up this morning and it looked as though she has frozen in her place while making a snow angel. There was not much that could have been more precious. We tried this several weeks ago and gave in. We are on night two and I know that we can make it. In the end, she will be much better without it. Now comes the big question.

Should we take the pacifier away and let her have her thumb or let her keep the pacifier and never develop the thumb sucking habit? I am just so torn on this. Part of me says, you can always take away the pacy. The other side says, I have to keep up with pacies, pick them up off floors, take them out for photos, etc. Needless to say, Lottie had one day with out the pacy and I am including some pictures of the results. She also has been working on holding up her head. Sometimes she just forgets and falls flat on her face. It is so cute. She can keep her head up for about 5 minutes in the morning, but I took this video of her watching Baby Einstein in the late afternoon. Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Pacy!!! You can't ever get rid of the thumb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these pictures of Lottie eating her fist! (this is Lauren, by the way.... you inspired me to resurrect my blog)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my nieces had the pacies for naptime/bedtime and not one of the three developed the thumbsucking habit. they've transitioned away from the nighttime paci very easily.

    ReplyDelete