Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Meredith Cooked...Mark it down in history!

Yes, yes, yes... The heading is true. I cooked tonight. When we come to Florida, we ALWAYS eat well. Between Blake, Phil and Jeannie we have plenty of amazing cooks in the kitchen. I started feeling the pressure last night and volunteered to cook. Blake chose for me to make my Panko Crusted Chilean Sea Bass with a Key Lime Buerre Blanc and fresh tropical fruits on Japenese Sticky Rice. Man, pouring on the pressure. I was thinking towards lasagna, but we went for the Seabass. We went to a great little seafood market here in Florida and got some amazing Seabass for next to nothing (as far as Seabass goes). Blake picked up some gator tail meat since he has been craving the for some time. I went ahead and whipped up the meal. The buerre blanc was more liquidy than I like, but over all I am happy with the dish. The fish was cooked near perfect.














Chilean Seabass in a Key Lime Buerre Blanc with fresh tropical fruit.





























Blake's Gator Tail bites with fried jalapenos with a trilogy of sauces.

Last night (after the amazing prime rib night), Jeannie made a one pot meal. Ginger, curry chicken with potatoes and carrots. It was awesome! In addition, she whipped up one of her famous salad that are to die for. See below.















Jeannie's Famous Salad!














One pot Ginger, Curry Chicken with potatoes, mushrooms and carrots.


Blake's mom buys unique cookbooks on Amazon. Best Idea Ever. Well, she got a Moroccan cook book for Blake and we were off to the grocery store. He made a traditional meal, which was fantastic. It was lamb and beef meatballs with a yummy sauce and over easy eggs on top. YUM! Rock on Morocco!



We need ideas... Bring them on!!!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I heard about these meals and your blog from Phil and here I am. Would love to have the recipe for the Seabass as well as Blake's Moroccan Meatballs. Thought about posting those? ;^)

    My husband and I bought the house that Jeannie and Phil used to own! Phil is now our wonderful handyman and all-around life-saver. Jeannie is a true inspiration and BTW, Gladys is a very sweet dog. We met her earlier this summer when she was first dropped off at the farm and fell in love with her. You are SO correct about her having found her paradise. She is ONE LUCKY DOG!

    Sorry that I didn't get to meet you and Lottie or see Blake again, but we had our own little disaster at the house for which Phil was kept pretty busy.

    I intend to follow your blog,if you don't mind as I love food as well. Your photos are the bomb!
    -Jana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana,

    I just found this comment. I would love to give you the recipes for anything. Blake is a rockstar in the kitchen and he does it all in his head. The great thing is he is detailed and can put it into words when needed. I have heard so much about you! I hope to meet you this summer. We will be there the first of June!

    ReplyDelete