Thursday, November 26, 2009

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

Wow! It has been since July that I updated the blog. I would say that working on 12 hours of grad school, a very challenging year at work, being a mom and a wife and selling real estate, my blogging time has been limited. That does not mean that we don't have tons to share. We still cook every night, so I will share some photos of our meals at the end.

Since July, we have moved back to our house in Peachtree Corners and WE LOVE IT! We have so much space, and Blake has the Man Basement. There is so much that I want to do to it over time, but we are just happy to be back. We love having our Ingels, Trader Joes, Super H and Whole Paycheck within a few miles of our house.




As for Lottie, she is so much fun these days. She has started crawling, and my guess is that she will be walking with a few weeks. She loves to swing and eat. She eats all of the time, but we are sticking to only healthy foods. She eats every fruit and veggie and she loves spinach and egg white omelets. She is in the 50th percentile for weight, 90% for height and 90% for head. She is one big-headed string bean.

Lottie's first real word with contextual meaning was "ball", and now she says it all the time. She loves to play with balls. We bought her a bunch of that kind that are in the play areas, and she throws them everywhere. She has one inflatable green one that she likes and she likes the soft volleyball at Choo-Choo and Big Daddy's house.

She loves to rock out to one song, and only one. It is the Black-Eyed Peas song, "I gotta feeling". She bops her head and flails her arm. It is too cute. She even rocks out the head motion when I sing to her while changing her diaper. It is very funny. Watch the video below. Notice the head.



The older she gets, the more fun she becomes. I am so thankful on this day for my family, my dog, and my friends. Lottie is so blessed to have wonderful grandparents who love her more than anything. Today Boppy and Pops introduced her to their chickens and their rabbits. We also had our first experience in the hot tub. Oh man! She loved that. Splash, splash, spalsh. She also got to spend some quality time with her great grandpa, Bud and great grandma, Margie. I think this was such a neat thing for all of them. They were so cute. Grandpa loves to crawl with Lottie and dance with her too!



As a mother, I feel incredibly blessed to have a nurturing and caring husband. I am blessed to have parents who will do anything for me and my family. I am blessed to have two amazing sets of inlaws that have taken me in like their own. I am bless to have a best friend who loves me unconditionally. Overall, I am so blessed and thankful on this Thanksgiving.






This was a "Chopped" night. Blake made giant shrimp, ricotta and spinach ravilois with an asaragus puree AND and amazing proschuitto stuffed chicken breast with a balsamic mushroom glaze. YUM.



We will always throw out Thai food in there. This was a fall twist on curry. Spicy Pumpkin Chicken Curry.



We have started using Quail eggs in our cooking and we really love them.



Grilled Duck breask with seared scallops and quail eggs. I made this one!




Blake's Negamaki. Yum~ This is my favorite appetizer that he makes.



We got a fabulous cookbook greated by the two greatest chefs I have ever worked for. Chef Ron and Chef Bernard. This was a Curry Clam Hot Pot, and it was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment